PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSION TO UG/PG COURSES IN ARTS AND SCIENCE COLLEGES 2019-20
(AS PER THE INSTRUCTION OF GOVT. OF TAMILNADU)
- Photocopies of the following should be enclosed with the filled in application:
- a)Qualifying Examination Mark Sheet/Provisional Marksheet should be attested by Head Master of the School.
- b)Community Certificate (wherever applicable)
- c)Certificate of proof when admission is sought under Differently Abled/ Sports Quota/ NCC/Ex-Servicemen etc.
- d)Transfer Certificate
- e)Eligibility certificate for students from other States / Universities.
- f) As per Government letter No. 4527/G1/2003, dated 17.10.2003, admission may be accorded purely on merit basis on production of Identity Card issued by the concerned HQ Tahsildars in respect of students seeking admission from Sri Lankan tamil refugee camp and those who were not enrolled in refugee camps may be admitted on production of VISA and Passport on merit basis.
Original Certificates are to be produced at the time of admission only. However, if a candidate fails to produce the relevant certificates in original at the time of Counselling for admission, the admission shall be cancelled.
Cost of application form is fixed at Rs.48/- (Rupees forty eight only) + Rs.2/- (Rupees two only) for registration. For SC/ST candidates, application form is issued free of cost on the production of the photocopy of community certificate. Application forms for admission may be issued before five days from the date of publication/Internet-website of results of Higher Secondary Examination of TamilNadu (hereafter referred to as the Plus Two Examination).
Last date for receipt of filled in applications by the colleges should be fixed as the tenth working day from the date of publication of Plus Two Examination result in website. Applications from other streams/private candidates may be entertained after the due date in the event of their results or issue of mark sheets is on a date later than that of regular Plus Two Candidates. The Principals shall fix the last date for them suitably.
Colleges should prepare the rank list for admission, from the next day onwards and it should be pasted on the notice board within 3 days. Counselling should be conducted after 15th day of the publications of plus two results in the internet.
Applications for admission may be received even after the last date fixed for receipt of applications. Such applications shall be registered as LATE APPLICATIONS and considered only after all the applications received in time have been considered. In the case of SC/ST/MBC/DNC/BC candidates if applications received in time from such candidates get exhausted, late applications should also be considered to fill up the seats reserved for these communities.
The above age limit should be strictly followed and no student should be admitted above the age limit and no age relaxation will be granted by Government. If the Colleges fail to adhere the above instructions, severe action will be taken against the concerned college.
The Admission Committee is common for both UG and PG courses and it should include the following members apart from Principal.
- Two Senior most staff
- A Senior most co-opted staff member belonging to SC/ST.
The following Registers and other related documents pertaining to students admission should be maintained and preserved by the colleges:
- Sale of Application Forms
- List of Applications received within the last date prescribed
- List of Applications received after the last date
- Rank list registers signed by the members of the Selection Committee
- Information about the counselling
- Copies of Rank lists
- Minutes of the Selection Committee
- Admission Register
- Communication from the University/the Director of Collegiate Education related to admission.
- Copies of all letters to the University/the Director of Collegiate Education making requisition for increase in seats and letters from the University permitting increase.
- The colleges shall maintain registers regarding the applications received from SC/ST/MBC/DNC/BC students who have been selected for admission and the number of such candidates admitted in each course.
The admission shall be made purely on the basis of Merit subject to the rule of reservation of the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- 31% for Open Competition (OC)
- 26.5% for Backward Classes (BC) other than BC Muslims and 3.5% for Backward Classes Muslims.
- 20% for Most Backward classes (MBC) and Denotified Communities (DNC)
- 15% for Scheduled Castes (SC), and 3 % for Arunthathiyars (SCA).
- 1% for Scheduled Tribes (ST)
- 90% of seats in the cases of Aided Non minority colleges.
- 50% of seats in the Unaided (Self-financing) courses offered by the Aided Colleges.