Best Practice 1
- Title of the Practice: Go Green
- To make the students and the society realise the importance of eco-friendly lifestyle is the main objective. In the recent days ‘Go Green’ has become a way of life. The individuals should be highly conscious of creating and living in a greenish environment. Hence the concept of ‘Go Green’ helps the stakeholders aware of the positive effects of an eco-friendly environment.
- The Context: It has become the responsibility of every individual to keep the globe green. To create awareness for the need to protect our environment, every individual should be motivated to take care of his/her surroundings. In this regard, the students and staff of our college take various initiatives to create awareness on eco-friendly environment.
- The Practice:
- Planting Saplings in the campus.
- Rain water harvesting.
- Waste management
- Plastic free campus
- Paperless Internal Communication System
- Evidence of Success:
- Our institution is conscious of the environment and strives to keep its campus clean and green. Planting of saplings is our regular activity. Students come forward to plant saplings on special occasions like birthdays. There is a gardener to look after the plants and trees. There is a herbal garden which is maintained by the department of Botany. Each block of our college has a rainwater harvesting structure. To save natural resources, the college has successfully implemented paperless internal communication system. Most of the internal communication is transferred electronically through e-mail or What’s App. The college also has a public addressing system through which information is communicated swiftly with a connected network of speakers in all classrooms and verandahs
- Problems Encountered and Resources Required:
- Watering the trees and saplings during the summer or drought season is the biggest challenge. Trip irrigation system can be made to save water. The paperless communication becomes a challenge while certain documents are needed in black and white for documentation.
- Title of the Practice: Development of Employment Oriented Skill
- Objectives of the Practice: Economic prosperity through employment opportunity.
- The Context: Our institution’s objective has a special focus on the excluded sections of the society. Our institution stands committed to uplift the economically poor, hailing from the rural parts by helping them to succeed and excel in their career.
- The Practice:
- Prominent Alumni of our college who are in government service share their rich experiences with the incumbent students in the coaching classes conducted by our institution for this specific purpose. This practice helps the students to become successful in their career.
- Evidence of Success: As the students are trained on the specific skills required for the competitive examinations, they face the examinations with confidence and come out with success.
- Problems Encountered and Resources Required: Exclusive arrangement for this purpose is lacking.
Best Practice 2
The College is run by Arulmigu Dhandayuthapaniswami Thirukoil under the guidance of the H.R. &C.E. Department, Chennai, and is naturally committed to certain ideals and principles which are in tune with the greatest traditions of Indian life and culture. We believe in and follow a pattern of curricular activities which is inseparably bound up with the pattern of values and traditions symbolized by the great temple of sacred palani Hills. The College begins with a prayer in praise of LORD MURUGA broadcasted over a network of microphone speakers throughout the college premises. We begin our day with hands raised in BAKTHI reminding ourselves of the temple over the hill and invoking his blessings in all our humble efforts to serve humanity. Everyone who walks into the portals of this institution is called upon to identify himself/herself with the way of life symbolized by the prayer.
The Vision of our institution is to provide quality education along with richer values and tradition. We aim at providing knowledge through which the student community can acquire wisdom thereby transforming the individual and the society. The college is situated in a rural area and its prime objective is to educate the economically poor rural students in and around Palani region. The management of our college provides all the essential facilities to execute the vision of the institution. We have the best possible infrastructure, dedicated staff, amiable administrative setup, and other resources to enhance the students socially, culturally, and ethically. Our institution provides quality higher education to the underprivileged and strives for their holistic development.